Hello there, I am a front-end website developer with a passion for UX/UI design, graphic design, and exploring my creativity.
Chris Fornesa ‐ PHP Dev
- As a graphic and web designer, I have learned that the most important skill in creating a successful design is to listen to both your intuition and your client. So whether I am designing a website or creating a logo, I seek user input at every step of the way, regardless of frustrations, time, and effort. I also value the perspectives of others in crafting my designs and see every opportunity to work with someone on any graphic or web design project as a way to improve both my craft and my art as a whole.
- Location: Stafford, TX
- Phone: (281) 400-1920
- Email: email@example.com
Web and Graphic Designer for Dayodman.com.
- Dayodman is a multi-talented artist with expertise that spans nearly the entire spectrum of the music industry.
- I also created the main logo used for Dayodman/NGNS.
- This is an ongoing collaborative project to showcase our skills as artists.
Creative Hope Creative Showcase Logo and Advertisement designer. September 20, 2017.
- As a collaborative showcase of artists, we raised over $180 in on-site donations for our neighbors in need in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
- My contributions included the set of logos used in the advertising throughout the event, the design of the advertising itself, and the creation of the Creative Hope Website.
Portfolio Websites - To prove my competencies in programming and web development I developed several portfolio websites catered to each programming language and framework that I have worked with.
- This website is my main web development portfolio and showcases both my PHP and React portfolios through the implementation of iframes which, as a system, allow this application to function as a progressive web application.
Privilege Application(s) - The Privilege application is a thought experiment that explores the many nuances of privilege regarding race and ethnicity.
- I built a PHP and a React version of the same Privilege application to explore the similarities, differences, and functionalities of the PHP programming language and the React framework.
- The PHP version of the Privilege application is the original application. The PHP Privilege application contains the following programming components: a main 'Race' class containing references to the four different classifications (the privileged race, the enslaved race, the indigenous race, and the othered race) and a reference to the new world, then there's a PHP class created for each race (white, Black, First Nations, and Asian) with references to the homeland and majority religion of the chosen race.
- The React Privilege application objectifies the privileged race, the enslaved race, the indigenous race, the othered race, the homeland of the privileged race, the new world (homeland of the indigenous race), and the privileged race's majority religion as React states and properties allocated to sub-components.
Time Application(s) - The Time application is a simple live clock that displays today's date and the current time in both 12 and 24-hour format.
- I built a PHP and a React version of the same Time application to explore the similarities, differences, and functionalities of the PHP programming language and the React framework.
- The React version of the Time application is the original application. The React Time application contains the following programming components: a component for the current date, which calls on the Date object to display today's date and refreshes based on the appropriate interval, and a component for the current time, which displays the current time in 12 and 24-hour format by calling the Date object, then refreshing at the appropriate interval (for the 12-hour clock) or refreshing each component appropriately (the hour, minute and second in the 24-hour clock).
Art Portfolio(s) - My art portfolio application is a detailed showcase of my artwork, which includes drawings, paintings, mixed media paintings, and digital art.
- I built a PHP and a React version of the same art portfolio application to explore the similarities, differences, and functionalities of the PHP programming language and the React framework.
- The React version of my art portfolio is the original application. My React art portfolio contains the following programming components: a List component that outputs a list of items, where each item is represented by an Item component that serves as a manifestation of each art piece and its relevant details.
Master of Science in Information Technology, Software Design and Management: Graduate Courses, May 2019. Liberty University. Lynchburg, VA.
- Courses included:
- CSCI 501 ‐ Overview of Computer Security
- CSIS 505 ‐ Software Development
- GPA: 4.00 (6 credit hours).
Master of Science in Information Technology, Software Design and Management: Undergraduate Prerequisites, October 2018. Liberty University. Lynchburg, VA.
- Courses included:
- MATH 201 ‐ Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- CSIS 212 ‐ Object‐Oriented Programming
- CSIS 312 ‐ Advanced Object‐Oriented Programming
- CSIS 330 ‐ Business Data Communications
- GPA: 4.00 (12 credit hours).
Level I Certificate (12 credits) ‐ Digital Communication, Web Publishing specialization, May 2016. Houston Community College ‐ Southwest. Stafford, TX.
- Dean‘s List: Spring 2016.
- 4.00 GPA.
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, May 2018. University of Houston. Houston, TX.
- Minors: Studio Art, Political Science, and Business Foundations.
- Corporate Entrepreneurship Certificate (6 credits).
- Dean‘s List: Fall 2016 ‐ Spring 2018.
- GPA: 4.00. Graduated Summa Cum Laude.
- Golden Key Honour Society, January 2018.
Associate of Arts - Liberal Arts, May 2015. Houston Community College ‐ Southwest. Stafford, TX.
- Dean‘s List: Spring 2014, Spring 2015, Spring 2016.
- 4.00 GPA. Graduated with highest honors.
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, March 2015.
- Phi Theta Kappa, November 2013.
Why I Code
I enjoy the process of building customized website solutions as humanity is complex and most our problems involve serious puzzles that we, as humans, must figure out. This is why I believe that the best way to solve any problem to understand (in my own way) the people directly involved and impacted by said problem. Learning about people and their problems gives me, as an autistic person, insight and access to portions of the human mind and connections to people that I, otherwise, would not be given. Every project where I must please a client is another opportunity for me to have this access and to further my understanding of humanity and human motivations, even if that client is myself (as it is for many of the projects that I have done).
Click here to download my resume.
See more details about Chris or click here to get in touch.